April 5, 2008

Life's Little Pleasures

Once upon a time, I would create a list like this with a friend of mine during classes at college. I would text her one idea, then she would send one back. I wish we would have written them all down because I can now only honestly remember one . . . hot towels from the drier. It helped us get through our classes, biology for me and anatomy for her. Those were good times. In remembrance of that great time, here is a list someone sent me once upon a time. I recently stumbled upon it in my files of miscellaneous junk on my computer. Enjoy!

1. Falling in love.

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No lines at the supermarket

5. A special glance.

6. Getting mail

7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.

11. Chocolate milkshake.

12. A bubble bath.

13. Giggling.

14. A good conversation.

15. The beach

16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.

17. Laughing at yourself.

18. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

19. Running through sprinklers.

20. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

23. Laughing at an inside joke.

24. Friends.

25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.

27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).

28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

29. Playing with a new puppy.

30. Having someone play with your hair.

31. Sweet dreams.

32. Hot chocolate.

33. Road trips with friends.

34. Swinging on swings.

35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

36. Making chocolate chip cookies.

37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.

38. Holding hands with someone you care about.

39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.

41. Watching the sunrise.

42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

43. Knowing that somebody misses you.

44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

1 comment:

Jess and Broadie said...

Oh my goodness, you almost made me cry!! You have been such a good friend of mine and we used to have so much fun!!! I really miss you just so you know :) I just love this post! We were the coolest ever I think :)! I agree, I wish we would have wrote them down because we had some really good ones. Remember when we would text each other parts of a song and then the other would text the next line :) That was fun too.... oh the joys of passing time in college with a real good friend. Take care of you and keep in touch ~ forever and always ... remember :)